cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU Temperature increase 10°C while BSP upgrade from L3.14.28 to L4.1.15

waynekuo
Contributor III

Hi support team,

Our customer product use i.MX6DL and have some issue during the system stress test.
They use the same customer's board and run the same stress test script, but only upgrade the BSP form Kernel 3.14.28 to Kernel 4.1.15.
After running the stress tool 30 minutes, the CPU temperature got the different result for 2 different Kernel.
Kernel 4.1.15 CPU temperature is 10°C greater than Kernel 3.14.28 CPU temperature.
(Customer read the Temperature Monitor Register to get the CPU temperature.)

Here is my question:
1. Any ideal why 2 different Kernel have the different result?
2. Does NXP provide the CPU stress test tool?
3. I saw on Community that temperature sensor need to be calibrated, how can I do the calibration?

Best Regards,
Wayne

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. Most likely, this is due to increased value of internal software overhead (interrupts, resources planning, memory accesses etc.) depending on the kernel version.

2. No, we do not provide any dedicated CPU stress test tool software.

3. Please refer to the Chapter 62 "Temperature Monitor (TEMPMON)" of the i.MX6Solo/DualLite Reference Manual Rev.2 document, available on the processor's Documentation web page:

http://www.nxp.com/products/automotive-products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-mcus-and-mpus/i....

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos