MMPF0100 I2C Delay Times

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMPF0100 I2C Delay Times

davidkearney
Contributor II

Hi There, I'm curious what the delay times are for the VGEN LDOs on the PF0100 - from an I2C command to turn on or off a regulator, how long is the delay until the regulator actually powers up / down successfully. I can't see this info in the datasheet, i might be missing it.This info would be very useful to us when deciding to use the LDOs for some low power subsystems which need to turn on/off and stabilise as quickly as possible.

Many Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Cheers,

Dave

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The control logic of the PF0100 PMIC uses internal 16MHz clock for its operation. So, when the control I2C message finishes, the corresponding LDO starts to transition to new state almost immediately (in a small number of the 16MHz clock cycle times). The analog transition curves can be found in the Section 6.4.6.1 "Transient response waveforms" of the MMPF0100 Data Sheet Rev.17 document, available on the PF0100 Documentation web page:

http://www.nxp.com/products/automotive-products/energy-power-management/pmics/configurable-pmics-pf-...

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos