Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique Id or serial from imx7s

Jump to solution
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I'm after a way in userspace to be able to access the imx7s's manufacturing serial number ( if available ).

The imx6 uses cat /sys/fsl_otp/HW_OCOTP_CFG0,1 but these aren't available on the imx7s.

Thanks. 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can use eFuse 0x420 that contains wafer number and coordinates of the chip on the wafer.
Please refer 6.3.3 "Fusemap Descriptions Table" chapter of i.MX 7Solo Applications Processor Reference Manual for the details.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can use eFuse 0x420 that contains wafer number and coordinates of the chip on the wafer.
Please refer 6.3.3 "Fusemap Descriptions Table" chapter of i.MX 7Solo Applications Processor Reference Manual for the details.

Have a great day,
Victor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Thanks Victor,

Descriptions like wafer number are missing from the fuse map in my document they are all entitled "TESTERn". I'm going to use it 0x420. Could you give me the description for 0x410 please?

0 Kudos
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Found in a more up-to-date data sheet.

0 Kudos