cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFUSEC for LPC1830 Boot Pin

kensu
Contributor V

Hi

I am using LPC1830, I need to download firmware with DFUSEC tool ,I confirm with FAE, 

The method is :

Step 1: Change boot source pin to (P2_9, P2_8, P1_2, P1_1,) (Low, High, Low, High) for boot from USB0.

Step 2: Use DFUSEC to upgrade firmware into QSPI Flash.

Step 3: Change boot source pin to (P2_9, P2_8, P1_2, P1_1,) (Low, Low, Low, High) for boot from QSPI.

Step 4: LPC1830 will boot from QSPI and execute updated application.

I want to know if good method that I don't need to change to boot source pin for DFUSEC download ?

Thanks

Ken

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

kensu
Contributor V

Dears

Thanks for your reply.

I want to confirm one thing for DFUSEC use.

If I let the boot pin become a button.

Press button will let boot pin become  (P2_9, P2_8, P1_2, P1_1,) (Low, High, Low, High)

Release button will let boot pin become  (P2_9, P2_8, P1_2, P1_1,) (Low, Low, Low, High)

Step 1:  Before POWER ON, press the button.  

Step 2:  POWER ON, and start the DFUSEC flash download.

Step 3:  When DFUSEC start download, the user release the boot pin button, the DFUSEC will still download because it may take few seconds to minutes.

Step 4: After Download complete, Power Reset, and it will boot on QSPI.

Is my understanding correct?

During the DFUSEC downloading from USB0, can I change the boot pin High/Low status?

Thanks

Ken

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ken,

Yes, your understanding is correct.

The boot pins are sampled at boot by the BootROM code. Once a boot has occurred they can be changed without effect on the target until the target is re-booted.

Yours,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

kensu
Contributor V

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I understood.

Ken

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ken,

The recommended way to program SPIFI flash is via LPCScrypt.

LPCScrypt v1.8.0|NXP 

This tool like DFUSEC boots from USB so the boot source needs changing as you describe in order to set a board to boot from SPIFI flash.

An alternative would be to use a debug probe connection and program flash via SWD/JTAG.

If you take a look at MCUXpresso IDE - you will see that this provides a mechanism to program flash via the command line using a debug probe such as LPC-Link2.

Yours,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos