Flash security for LPC824

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash security for LPC824

yannaingaye
Contributor I

I am using LPC824 OM13071 board. I want to make sure my firmware is secured from reading and copying by other parties. How can I program flash and protect it?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

yannaingaye
Contributor I

Thank you. It is OK now. The problem seems to be power cycle. It looks FTDI cable needs to be disconnected also, although I did not use power from it. 

I used GUI flash programmer to program the flash. The details can be seen at

Cool-Emerald: Flash content protection for LPC824 

I tested with LPCXpresso and it was ok.

Now, I change to MUCXpresso. When I checked the CRP_WORD at address 2fc, it appeared as 4321 8765 which is CRP3 instead of  0x87654321 CRP2 (as shown in the link above). I am afraid to test it because it will damage the board.

Why is it appear so? Is that just a change in order of appearance of the word while actual value is still CRP2?

0 Kudos

yannaingaye
Contributor I

I checked 'Edit project settings -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Tool Settings -> MCU Linker -> Managed Linker Script -> Enable Code Read Protection' is ticked.
In the crp.c file, I set " __CRP const unsigned int CRP_WORD = CRP_CRP2 ; "
Thenafter flash programming, I turned off the power, and on again to get power cycle .
When I tried debug again, nothing happened. I still can debug just like before.
Is there any other additional things to enable CRP?

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Check the linker map file generated by the linker when it creates your image and make sure that the CRP_WORD is being located at the correct location.

You could also disassemble your image and make sure that the right value exists at that location too...

https://community.nxp.com/message/630600 

Also, how exactly are you programming your image to flash?

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I suggest you look at the "Code Read Protection" functionality (CRP). For more details, check the LPC82x documentation, plus : https://community.nxp.com/message/630586 

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos