MM9Z1_638D1 D2D Interface Time Out in Background Debug Mode?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM9Z1_638D1 D2D Interface Time Out in Background Debug Mode?

tknodt
Contributor I

Hi,

I observed a D2D interface timeout on a MM9Z1_638D1 when I am in a breakpoint or just watching many variables with automatic refresh during running. A colleague observed the same in some setups during data transfers to the EEPROM.

Unfortunately I do not really understand how this interfaces works exactly. As a workaround I currently just auto-acknowledge the TIMEF in D2DSTAT0.

When exactly can such a timeout occur? And when is it safe to just auto-acknowledge it?

Thanks

Torsten

P.S.: I am new to the MCU.

3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

What's the error message when the error occurred?

How does it work in full run mode?

Jennie Zhang.

tknodt
Contributor I

Hi Jennie,

thanks for your answer and sorry for not seeing it before. There is no error message, it's just that the timeout flag of the D2D status register becomes set and then no D2D interrupt occurs any more until I acknowledge the timeout flag. Do you mean by full run mode when the background debug mode is not used? To my best knowledge then the problem does not occur. However, there are some very seldom effects in the software we were not able to root cause, which could also be caused by the same. But there is no way to verify this as it is very seldom and usually only LIN is connected, which cannot work any more in this case.

Thanks,

Torsten Knodt

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Torsten,

When MCU executes code of EEPROM or Flash programming, It's not proper to step over the code or set breakpoint to halt it. because any halt will destroy the programming time sequence. and will result peripheral handling fail.
Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos