cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encryption using CAAM hardware on SABRE Automotive Infotainment i.MX 6 board

amitchauhan
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using freescale SABRE automotive infotainment i.MX 6 board.Currently 4.1.15 kernel is flashed on my board.

As I studied over internet, there are two things are discussed more- 1] tcrypt.c(kernel/drivers/crypto/caam)

2] kernel/drivers/crypto/caam

And there is /dev/crypto/ -> this is used for encryption by software, which I am not focusing. 

I am a newbie in this, and want to understand everything from basic.

Kindly suggest, is there any way, where I can write a simple c-app after insertion of kernel module regarding CAAM, and I can access that using corresponding device node.

Thanks,

Amit Chauhan

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The simplest way to work with CAAM - using the NXP CryptoDev interface.

Please refer to section 9 (Security) of “i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf” how

to use it.

http://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.1.15_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS&Parent_nodeId=133769948107170617... 

The tcrypt driver is intended for testing. It may be used as example of kernel module regarding CAAM. Please use Chapter 50 [CAAM (Cryptographic Acceleration and Assurance Module)] of “i.MX_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf’ for more details.

Also, You may look at CAAM tests in the following test package.

http://www.nxp.com/lgfiles/NMG/MAD/YOCTO/imx-test-5.7.tar.gz 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos