i.MX6SDL CSI2IPU gasket non-gated clock issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6SDL CSI2IPU gasket non-gated clock issue

jasperzhang
Contributor I

We have a FPGA mipi camera which works well with the non-continuous clock mode. The clock stays in LP11 when idle. The registers that makes the camera working including

• CSI2IPU_SW_RST..CLK_SEL = 0 (gated mode)
  • IPU_CSI0_SENS_CONF.CSI0_SENS_PRTCL = 000 (gated clock mode)

Modified FPGA and set to continuous clock mode, the camera stopped working. In continuous clock mode, the clock is always the HighSpeed clock.

We tried the following changes to the drivers, but no luck:

• CSI2IPU_SW_RST.CLK_SEL = 1 (non-gated mode)
  • IPU_CSI0_SENS_CONF.CSI0_SENS_PRTCL = 001 (non-gated clock mode)

The IPU_INT_STAT_1 shows that there was no IPU DMA interrupts generated. It seems that the gaskit didn't capture either the V-SYNC signal or a frame.

Does anyone work out a mipi camera on imx6sdl using continuous clock, which has no low-power state? What changes on the registers need to be done?

Thanks

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jasper

according to i.MX6SDL Reference Manual IPU hardware supports only below mode

pastedImage_1.jpg

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jasperzhang
Contributor I

Thank you, Igor.

I checked the ov5640 mipi camera on SabreSD board. OV5640 0x4800.bit5 controls clock lane mode.

• CSI2IPU_SW_RST.CLK_SEL must be set to 0 (gated clock mode).
  • IPU_CSI0_SENS_CONF.CSI0_SENS_PRTCL can be 0 (gated) or 1 (non-gated)

It's interesting that the clock mode of PHY register CSI2IPU_SW_RST must be set to gated mode no matter the clock is gated or free running.

There are two type of mipi clocks inside i.MX6:

1. PHY input clock, from camera
  2. CSI2 output clock, the pixel clock to CSIx

I believe 38.4.3.6.2 talks about CSI2 output clock, which is controlled by IPU_CSI0_SENS_CONF.CSI0_SENS_PRTCL.

Does anybody know what CSI2IPU_SW_RST.CLK_SEL=1(non-gated) is supposed to use for?

0 Kudos