DHCPSRV_service_release and DHCPSRV_service_decline functions are both empty, is this an omission?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHCPSRV_service_release and DHCPSRV_service_decline functions are both empty, is this an omission?

Jump to solution
tonynordstrom12
Contributor I

In the DHCP server module dhcpsrv.c, two of the service functions are empty. Shouldn't there be some processing in there? For example, DHCPSRV_service_release should place the IP address back in the pool.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tony:

You are right, upon receipt of a DHCPRELEASE message, the server marks the network address as not allocated and retain a record of the client's initialization  parameters for possible reuse. Upon receipt of a DHCPDECLINE message, the server must mark the network address as not available and should notify the local system adminstrator of a possible configuration problem.

unfortunately, these two functions are not implemented yet, and no plan to implement it in classic MQX 4.x yet. I would suggest you implement it by yourself if it is necessary.

Regards

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tony:

You are right, upon receipt of a DHCPRELEASE message, the server marks the network address as not allocated and retain a record of the client's initialization  parameters for possible reuse. Upon receipt of a DHCPDECLINE message, the server must mark the network address as not available and should notify the local system adminstrator of a possible configuration problem.

unfortunately, these two functions are not implemented yet, and no plan to implement it in classic MQX 4.x yet. I would suggest you implement it by yourself if it is necessary.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
tonynordstrom12
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. As I suspected, the functions are not implemented yet. I will see if I need those functions and implement them if need be.

Regards

Tony

0 Kudos