AnsweredAssumed Answered

What is the behaviour of the pins on factory fresh MKV31F512VLL12P?

Question asked by Abdullah Kahraman on Apr 20, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 30, 2017 by Philip Drake

Hello,

I am creating a custom hardware using MKV31F512VLL12P. However, I am not able to communicate with the chip using Kinetis Motor Suite GUI.

I am using FRDM-KL25Z as serial communications device. Here are my connections:

[FRDM-KL25Z, D0, J1:Pin_2]  is connected to [MKV31F512VLL12P, PTB16/UART0_RX, Pin_62]

[FRDM-KL25Z, D1, J1:Pin_4]  is connected to [MKV31F512VLL12P, PTB17/UART0_TX, Pin_63]

[FRDM-KL25Z, GND] is connected to [MKV31F512VLL12P, GND]

[MKV31F512VLL12P, ~RESET, Pin_52] is connected to 3.3V using a 10k pull-up resistor and to GND using a 100nF.

These are chips I gathered as samples from NXP. Do they have the same behaviour on PTD1, PTD7 and PTE25 pins as they have on the FRDM-KV31F board as RGB LEDs? Should they blink according to status of the program?

What I see on the ~RESET pin is a sawtooth-like waveform at about 1.5 kHz, with a Vpp of 1.7V. Below is a scope shot of this. If I should guess, then this could be the waveform of a blank Kinetis chip fresh from factory..

Then, since this is not a normal operation, with the help of SWD connector on the board, I go to "USBDM Flash Programmer GUI" and do a "Detect Chip" operation. I am being careful here NOT to program or erase. Then, USBDM resets the chip, reads the chip ID successfully, then leaves the ~RESET pin in HIGH level.

Then, I try to connect using Kinetis Motor Suite GUI again, there is data going in at 115200 baud but there is no return. Also, pins PTD1, PTD7 and PTE25 remain LOW.

Signal on ~RESET pin:

waveform of the signal on the ~RESET pin

Outcomes