TWR-K80F150M trying to install serial port driver. I have the board plugged in. When I try to run the installer I get the error message: The driver could not be installed. No mbed Microcontrollers were found. Any ideas how to fix this?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K80F150M trying to install serial port driver. I have the board plugged in. When I try to run the installer I get the error message: The driver could not be installed. No mbed Microcontrollers were found. Any ideas how to fix this?

Jump to solution
dc11
Contributor I

I have a TWR-K80F150M rev A development board.  I am following the "get started" instructions here:

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/hardware-development-tools/tower-development-boards/m...

The board was used by another engineer in a Linux development environment.  I am trying to use Kinetis Design Studio on Windows 7. 

I have to board connected to the pc and I am trying to install the serial driver shown in step 2.  When I try to run the install I get this error: The driver could not be installed.  No mbed Microcontrollers were found.

The ports that show up in device manager are Communications Port (COM1), ECP Printer Port (LPT1), Intel(R) Active Management Technology - SOL (COM3), and JLink CDC UART Port (COM4).  The getting started page shows an OpenSDA - CDC Serial Port.

When I unplug the board the JLink port goes away. 

I've attached a pic of the error and the ports listed in device manager.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

The onboard debugger may has been reprogram to Segger J-Link by your colleague.

You can use it or reprogram it to OpenSDA. The default firmware application can be download from OPENSDA: OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter.

TWR-K80F150M.png

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

The onboard debugger may has been reprogram to Segger J-Link by your colleague.

You can use it or reprogram it to OpenSDA. The default firmware application can be download from OPENSDA: OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter.

TWR-K80F150M.png

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
dc11
Contributor I

Thank you Robin.  I have been able to run several demo programs.  When I try to go on to the next step, which was run the Project Generator, and I try to set the path, I get the following error message:  "This KSDK is not supported by the tool." 

proj_gen_err.jpg

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The SDK_2.2_TWR-K80F150M is supported by Kinetis SDK Project Generator Rev2.4.

You can download the SDK_2.2_TWR-K80F150M package refer Generating a downloadable MCUXpresso SDK v.2 package.

SDK Project Generator.png

Best Regards,

Robin

0 Kudos
dc11
Contributor I

Operator error here.  I had everything installed correctly but was trying to descend too far down when specifying the KSDK Path.  It all seems to be working now.  Thank you again!!!

0 Kudos