AnsweredAssumed Answered

TWR-K80F150M trying to install serial port driver.  I have the board plugged in.  When I try to run the installer I get the error message:  The driver could not be installed.  No mbed Microcontrollers were found.  Any ideas how to fix this?

Question asked by D C on Apr 20, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 11, 2017 by D C

I have a TWR-K80F150M rev A development board.  I am following the "get started" instructions here:

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/hardware-development-tools/tower-development-boards/mcu-and-processor-modules/kinetis-modules/kinetis-k80-mcu-tower-system-module:TWR-K80F150M?tab=In-Depth_Tab

The board was used by another engineer in a Linux development environment.  I am trying to use Kinetis Design Studio on Windows 7. 

I have to board connected to the pc and I am trying to install the serial driver shown in step 2.  When I try to run the install I get this error: The driver could not be installed.  No mbed Microcontrollers were found.

The ports that show up in device manager are Communications Port (COM1), ECP Printer Port (LPT1), Intel(R) Active Management Technology - SOL (COM3), and JLink CDC UART Port (COM4).  The getting started page shows an OpenSDA - CDC Serial Port.

When I unplug the board the JLink port goes away. 

I've attached a pic of the error and the ports listed in device manager.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments

Outcomes