Question about communication equipment provided by RAppID BL Tool?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about communication equipment provided by RAppID BL Tool?

Jump to solution
eungsoolee
Contributor II

Hi 

I am interested in developing target boards using Motor Control Toolbox.

Basic my environment
--------------------
MCU: MC9S12ZVMC128
Target Board: Self-developed board
External communication port: CAN only. (Serial port not created.)
My CAN device: Vector VN7600
--------------------

Question
I have confirmed that there are three options to support RAppID BL Tool's Comm Mode setting (Serial port, Vector CANCaseXL, Vector CANCardXLE).

pastedImage_2.png
Can not connect to Vector VN7600 .?

1 Solution
eungsoolee
Contributor II

Hi  Daniel~

I solved this problem by updating the latest version of RAppID(version 1.6.7.35).

The VN7600 is working well.

Perhaps the version of the S12ZVM.rbf file (version 1.6.2.14) I downloaded from CW seems to be wrong.

Thank you very much.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
eungsoolee
Contributor II

Hi  Daniel~

I solved this problem by updating the latest version of RAppID(version 1.6.7.35).

The VN7600 is working well.

Perhaps the version of the S12ZVM.rbf file (version 1.6.2.14) I downloaded from CW seems to be wrong.

Thank you very much.

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm glad to see you managed to fix it - something to learn for this experience.

0 Kudos
eungsoolee
Contributor II

Hi Daniel

I am always thankful for your kindness.

I proceeded as you advised yesterday, but the connection was not successful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions

1. To explain what I have done, 

Step1~3 : I checked Step 1 ~ 3.

pastedImage_2.png

Step 4~5 : 

I have already read RAppIDBL_UserManual.pdf and have configured the Vector HW Configuration.

When running the Start Boot Loader of the RAppID BL Tool, the message "RAppID_BL :, Init.Activated" appears in the Channel 2 Status of the Vector HW Config window. However, the BAppID BL Tool outputs the following message.

pastedImage_6.png

Is there anything else I should check it?

2. In the document "Motor Control Toolbox for MagniV_Matlab_simulink modeling and code generation", The first step is to load the flash bootloader using CW Flash Programmer.
pastedImage_4.png

The following message appears in the CW console window.

fl::target -lc "LC for Simple Flash (1)"
fl::target -b 0x1000 0x800
fl::target -v off -l off
cmdwin::fl::device -d "MC9S12ZVC128_FLASH" -o "128Kx32x1" -a 0xfd0000 0xfeffff
cmdwin::fl::image -f "C:\\MCToolbox\\mctbx_9s12zvm\\tools\\BootLoader\\RBF_Files\\S12ZVM.rbf" -t "Auto Detect" -re on -r 0xfd0000 0xfeffff -oe off
cmdwin::fl::erase image
Beginning Operation ...
-------------------------
Auto-detection is successful.
File is of type Motorola S-Record Format.

Image size is 0 bytes, nothing to erase.
Nothing to erase. No sectors selected
Performing target initialization ...
Erase Command Succeeded.
cmdwin::fl::write
Beginning Operation ...
Flash Operation. ...

Device MC9S12ZVC128_FLASH
Detect frequence ...
Frequence 5471.63 Khz
Programming ....
Programming warning. Can't program 8 bytes to address 0xfffe08 because this range isn't included in the selected modules!
Programming .....
Device MC9S12ZVC128_FLASH
Program Command Succeeded
Flash Operation. done
cmdwin::fl::device -d "MC9S12ZVC128_EEPROM" -o "2Kx32x1" -a 0x100000 0x1007ff
cmdwin::fl::image -f "C:\\MCToolbox\\mctbx_9s12zvm\\tools\\BootLoader\\RBF_Files\\S12ZVM.rbf" -t "Auto Detect" -re on -r 0x100000 0x1007ff -oe off
cmdwin::fl::erase image
Beginning Operation ...

Image size is 0 bytes, nothing to erase.
Nothing to erase. No sectors selected
Erase Command Succeeded.
cmdwin::fl::write
Beginning Operation ...
Flash Operation. ...

Device MC9S12ZVC128_EEPROM
Programming ....
Programming warning. Can't program 8 bytes to address 0xfffe08 because this range isn't included in the selected modules!
Programming .....
Device MC9S12ZVC128_EEPROM
Program Command Succeeded
Flash Operation. done

Is the file flash correct?

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi eungsoo Lee, 

Regarding #1, i see you have done all the configurations correctly. I think is safe to say that RAppID BL is not currently supporting the device you are using and that is the main reason for the failure your are seeing.

You might want to add a service request to ask for a new feature to add support for other Vector Devices like yours here: Sales and Support|NXP at Support Requests

Is is a hazard to add a serial port on your board ? or to get another CAN device that is officially supported by our application ?

Regarding #2,

It should be ok. That address belongs to the vector table but the interrupts gets disabled in the Bootloader - so may not be a problem.

Hope it helps!

Daniel

0 Kudos
eungsoolee
Contributor II

Thank you for your answer.

But I have not been able to connect to my board yet.

please Check the my RAppID BL Tool window

(CAN Test SW downloaded with Jtag works well...ㅠㅠ)

pastedImage_2.png

Comm mode : Vector CANCardXLE

Channel : CH2 (CH1 of VN7600 is assigned to FlexRay.)

Raud Rate : 500k

When I run the Start Boot Loader button to display the following message.(ㅜㅜ...)

pastedImage_4.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question

1. when you connect using VN1610, Is Comm Mode set to Vector CANCardXLE?

2. Is there any other way I can verify that CAN communication is connected?

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi eungsoo Lee,

Regarding your questions:

1. when you connect using VN1610, Is Comm Mode set to Vector CANCardXLE?

ANS: CANCardXLE option is used for Vector boards that are connected over the PCI with the Host PC.

For Vector devices that are connected via USB you should use the "CaseXL" option.

2. Is there any other way I can verify that CAN communication is connected?

ANS: One simple way - is to create a small program that broadcast a CAN message from the processor. This way you will validate that the CAN msgs will go out.

Now, coming back your error:

Capture.JPG

It looks like you have not configured the setup correctly because the RAppID is not able to connect with the Vector Devices.

In the RAppIDBL_UserManual.pdf there is a chapter called "Enabling Vector Hardware" where you need to open the Vector Hardware Config application and assign RAppID_BL to one of the CAN channels. Have you configured this step ?

cansetup.JPG

To conclude, i would approach this problem as:

- step#1: build an application that will transmit a counter value over CAN all the time (infinite loop). 

- step#2: then load this applicaiton via JTAG

- step#3: using any CAN device i would check that i can receive those messages and decode them correctly. This will ensure the CAN baud rate and CAN network is OK (perhaps you need to lower the CAN speed and/or add a 120ohm termination resistor)

- step4#: configure the RAppID Bootloader download the code via Serial (this will validate that your code will fit into S12ZVM flash.

- step5#: configure the RAppID Bootloader to use the Vector device and then download the code via CAN interface

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Lee, 

Unfortunately, we do not have a VN7600 device to test the boot loader against. We tried with CAN VN1630 and the boot loader worked well. 

In general, if Vector kept the same driver API it should work with other devices from the same manufacturer.

Nonetheless, have you tried to download via this CAN VN7600 and it fails? As a hint, the Start Address of application code should start from 0xFE0000 with the S12ZVMC128.

0 Kudos