AnsweredAssumed Answered

Any relationship between number of cycles (by instruction) and corresponding mean current consumption?

Question asked by HIMANSHU DOSHI on Apr 19, 2017
Latest reply on May 13, 2017 by HIMANSHU DOSHI

Hello,

I am working on LPCXpresso 54114 board. During different instruction's current estimation, I have observed that the current consumption is same for different instruction for different number of cycles.

Is there any relationship between the number of cycles taken by the instruction and the corresponding mean current which has been consumed? OR both of them are independent quantity?. And what is the reason behind it?

( eg.

MUL instruction's mean current consumption is approximately : 2.722 mAmps and it takes 1 cycle ,

SDIV instruction's mean current consumption is approximately : 2.274 mAmps and it takes 2 cycle

OR

ADD instruction's mean current consumption is approximately : 2.722 mAmps and it takes 1 cycle , 

MOV instruction's mean current consumption is approximately : 2.274 mAmps and it takes 1 cycle    

and so on.....

)

Since, I am new to this field, so I was having a thought that the instruction with more number of cycles might can consume more current, but it was not the case.  

Thanks a lot in advance,

Regards,

Himanshu 

Outcomes