Any relationship between number of cycles (by instruction) and corresponding mean current consumption?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any relationship between number of cycles (by instruction) and corresponding mean current consumption?

himanshudoshi
Contributor III

Hello,

I am working on LPCXpresso 54114 board. During different instruction's current estimation, I have observed that the current consumption is same for different instruction for different number of cycles.

Is there any relationship between the number of cycles taken by the instruction and the corresponding mean current which has been consumed? OR both of them are independent quantity?. And what is the reason behind it?

( eg.

MUL instruction's mean current consumption is approximately : 2.722 mAmps and it takes 1 cycle ,

SDIV instruction's mean current consumption is approximately : 2.274 mAmps and it takes 2 cycle

OR

ADD instruction's mean current consumption is approximately : 2.722 mAmps and it takes 1 cycle , 

MOV instruction's mean current consumption is approximately : 2.274 mAmps and it takes 1 cycle    

and so on.....

)

Since, I am new to this field, so I was having a thought that the instruction with more number of cycles might can consume more current, but it was not the case.  

Thanks a lot in advance,

Regards,

Himanshu 

Labels (4)
2 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Himanshu ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and the opportunity to serve you.
I'd recommend you to refer to the attachment for this kind of the information.
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

himanshudoshi
Contributor III

Thanks a lot!!!

0 Kudos