Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor Fusion demo in MCUxpresso

Jump to solution
javierhernande1
Contributor IV

Hello,

How can I use the SensorFusion demo on FRDM-K64F with MCUxpresso?

frdmk64f_agm01_issdk_examples_algorithms_sensorfusion_baremetal_agm01

I complide Debug app, then load the axf file in FRDM-K64F and execute Sensor Tool Box for Windows but I not found the algorithms.

The app works because in serial terminal I can see the data.

Best regards

Labels (1)
1 Solution
darioarias
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Javier,

My advice would be to use the NXP Sensor Fusion Toolbox instead of the Freedom Sensor Toolbox, because the Sensor Fusion comes with a graphic interface where you can watch how the board moves according the data retrieved from the  accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer.

If the binary file is already in the board, the only thing that you need to do is connect the board while the Sensor Fusion is open, then click in auto detect. Once you do this you'll see the combination FRDM-AGM01 in the screen, then you just reset the board and it will start running automatically. (Same process needs to be followed for Freedom Sensor Toolbox).

Let me know if I didn't answer your question.

Darío

View solution in original post

4 Replies
darioarias
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Javier, unfortunately the Sensor Fusion Toolbox only works with I2C.

There a examples that support SPI communication but not with the sensor fusion toolbox, if you want to retrieve information form the sensors for some other application it can be faster with the SPI protocol.

Dario

javierhernande1
Contributor IV

Thank you!

I'm going to modify the BRKT-STBC-AGM01 to use SPI. With the FRDM-K64F-AGM01 I2C.

Regards

0 Kudos
darioarias
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Javier,

My advice would be to use the NXP Sensor Fusion Toolbox instead of the Freedom Sensor Toolbox, because the Sensor Fusion comes with a graphic interface where you can watch how the board moves according the data retrieved from the  accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer.

If the binary file is already in the board, the only thing that you need to do is connect the board while the Sensor Fusion is open, then click in auto detect. Once you do this you'll see the combination FRDM-AGM01 in the screen, then you just reset the board and it will start running automatically. (Same process needs to be followed for Freedom Sensor Toolbox).

Let me know if I didn't answer your question.

Darío

javierhernande1
Contributor IV

Thanks you,

With NXP Sensor Fusion Toolbox works fine.

Do these examples support SPI, or do they only work with I2C?

If using SPI is it possible to get data faster using FXOS8700C and FXAS21002C? Or there is no difference.

Regards

0 Kudos