AnsweredAssumed Answered

Freedom Sensor Toolbox issues with FRDM-KL27Z

Question asked by johndebliek on Apr 18, 2017

I want to do some characterization of the MMA8451Q accelerometer, so we purchased a few of the FRDM-KL27Z eval boards.  While I have worked with the LPC processors, I have not used the Kinetis processors before, but the documentation indicated that I should be able to use the Freedom Sensor Toolbox to access the accelerometer readings and registers.  When I received the boards, I followed the quick start guide to program the board over openSDA with the FRDM-KL25Z_MMA8451 binary and installed the sensor toolbox.  The guide did not indicate which of the USB connectors should be used to access the board from the sensor toolbox, but I found that after programming the KL27Z USB connector no longer showed up as a USB CDC port, so I assumed that I needed to use the openSDA CDC serial port.  When I start the MMA8451 Accelerometer Demo/sensor toolbox, it displays the openSDA serial port, so I connect to it, but then any attempt to access the accelerometer fails as per the below error messages.

Am I using the correct USB connection?  If not, how can I get the KL27Z USB to show up as a serial port, as it disappeared once I programmed the FRDM-KL25Z_MMA8451 binary to the board?

mma8451frdm-kl27z freedom_sensor_toolbox

Outcomes