cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS support for multiple microcontrollers

Jump to solution
gsosnow
Contributor II

Would like to have 2 K22's in one jtag chain. It appears segger j-link supports this, but was wondering how this would be supported/selected in KDS before implementing such a board design. Does KDS have support as far as selecting which processor to program and debug in the jtag chain?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi George,

you can pass the options to the GDB server here:

pastedImage_1.png

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello George,

I strongly recommend  you refer to this artical :

Debug Multiple Boards with GDB at the Same Time | MCU on Eclipse 

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi George,

that link Alice has provided deals with multiple parallel debug connections. But what you want is to have multiple devices on the same JTAG chain. I have not done this, but the SEGGER J-Link reference manual (UM08001_JLink.pdf) provides information about the how you have to deal with multiple devices on the scan chain (search for "multiple devices in the scan chain). You can pass this information through the SEGGER J-Link debug launch configuration in Eclipse.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
gsosnow
Contributor II

Hi Erich,

Thanks for the J-Link Ref Man pointer. One thing that is mentioned, is “it is the responsibility of the application to allow the user to configure the scan chain. This is typically done in a dialog box”. Then they a give a couple of examples, one of them being in the IAR Embedded Workbench as below. I didn’t notice anything similar in the Debugger Configuration for KDS where the Position and preceeding IR len can be specified.

Thanks,

George

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi George,

you can pass the options to the GDB server here:

pastedImage_1.png

Erich

0 Kudos
gsosnow