FlexIO support in K26F

Jump to solution
javierhernande1
Contributor IV

Hello!,

K26F not support FlexIO module?

It's only supported for FRDM-K82F ?

frdm-k82f.png

Flex Your Mind with Kinetis FlexIO: Learn How To Build Your FlexIO Project [Part 2/3] - YouTube 

Regards

EDIT:  I am looking for the way to use the same pins for I2C (clock and data) and for UART (Tx and Rx). It is possible with K26F or K64F?

1 Solution
Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Javier H., My apologies for the delay on the answer, As you can see from these devices the only one that have the Flexio Module is the K82,   what do you want to do it is possible from the MCU side, you can switch from uart to I2C at will, the problem is on the hardware since the lines for I2C are open drain it will not work properly with the lines of UART.

check the images in the HMI section the only one that have the FlexIO is the K82

Kinetis<sup>&#174;</sup> K80/K82 MCU Block DiagramKinetis<sup>&#174;</sup> K63/K64 MCU Family Block DiagramKinetis<sup>&#174;</sup> K24 MCU Family Block Diagram

Best regards.

Jonathan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Javier H., My apologies for the delay on the answer, As you can see from these devices the only one that have the Flexio Module is the K82,   what do you want to do it is possible from the MCU side, you can switch from uart to I2C at will, the problem is on the hardware since the lines for I2C are open drain it will not work properly with the lines of UART.

check the images in the HMI section the only one that have the FlexIO is the K82

Kinetis<sup>&#174;</sup> K80/K82 MCU Block DiagramKinetis<sup>&#174;</sup> K63/K64 MCU Family Block DiagramKinetis<sup>&#174;</sup> K24 MCU Family Block Diagram

Best regards.

Jonathan

javierhernande1
Contributor IV

Thank you Jonathan!

It was what he supposed, but he was not sure.

Best regards

0 Kudos