are there any differences in the SPI interface block (registers, configuration) of Kinets types MK64FN1M0VLL12, MK64FX512VLL12, MK64FX512VDC12?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are there any differences in the SPI interface block (registers, configuration) of Kinets types MK64FN1M0VLL12, MK64FX512VLL12, MK64FX512VDC12?

Jump to solution
martinspichtig
Contributor I

I'm using MK64FX512VDC12 in the final design. During development I would like to work with the freedom development board with integrated MK64FN1M0VLL12 Controller. Key functionality is the SPI Interface.

To migrate the SPI-Code from MK64FN1M0VLL12 to MK64FX512VDC12 do I have to expect any differences/Troubles? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Martin Spichtig

In terms of SPI module, your three devices use the same SPI module, so in your SPI code it shouldn't be any difference or troubles. I just recommend you to check pinout, MK64FN1M0VLL12 device doesn't have some pins that are available in the MK64FX512VDC12, ones of them are some SPI2 pins:

pastedImage_1.png

So, please consider this if you are using SPI2 interface.

Hope this information could help you.
Have a great day,
Jorge Alcala

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Martin Spichtig

In terms of SPI module, your three devices use the same SPI module, so in your SPI code it shouldn't be any difference or troubles. I just recommend you to check pinout, MK64FN1M0VLL12 device doesn't have some pins that are available in the MK64FX512VDC12, ones of them are some SPI2 pins:

pastedImage_1.png

So, please consider this if you are using SPI2 interface.

Hope this information could help you.
Have a great day,
Jorge Alcala

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!