I posted this in the TouchGFX user forums as well.
I wanted to put this report here just in case someone else is trying to get TouchGFX working.
Here is a youtube video of the issue:
1.) I did a fresh install using the version of the .msi installer emailed to me when i requested an evaluation (as of 4/15/2017)
2.) I downloaded the verison of the NSP from here:
3.) I create a simple application as shown in the video.
There is a pretty goofy issue with the framebuffer. It exists in the simulator and in the generated embedded code.
I tried with both MCUXpresso V 10.0.0.34 and Keil 5.23. Both yield the same results. Please take a minute to look at the video and it will clearly show how to reproduce the issue.
It turns out that the library does not clear the frame buffer by default!