cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interrupt Handling in MPC8323E-RDB

narreddisivapra
Contributor II

Hello,

Can any one help in handling INTERRUPTS in MPC8323E-RDB Board.? I am using a PC with Ubuntu 8.10 with the kernel 2.6.27. I am loading a kernel image of version 2.6.20.6 into my development board. I am trying to writing a device driver for an external uart and able to access data read and write without IRQ Handler. Now I want to add IRQ Handler to access data in and out. I written a small piece of handler code but control is not going into IRQ Handler. Are there any settings required on either processor or external Uart side to set interrupts.? How to enable external interrupts in processor.? How to my handler is called or not.? I already enabled interrupts in Uart control registers.

Please, Help me in understanding this situation.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. Which UART you are using? DUART of UCC UART?

2. Which Linux BSP you are using and where it was obtained?

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

narreddisivapra
Contributor II

Thanks for Quick reply,

I am using MPC8323e-rdb board's BSP and I got this from NXP website only. I am using both DUART and UCC UART successfully. I asked for external UART Interrupt handling. Actually I want to interface one Quad-Uart which is named XR16L784 and it is mounted on small external pcb which is connected to my development board. That external board's hardware is tested ok. As a software developer I want to access that external Quad-Uart. This Uart is mapped to my memory range and I tested it working fine in data transfer using small device driver written by me. Now, I want to add an interrupt handler to that driver. I added small handler in my driver module, control is not moving into the handler.

Please, reply as soon as possible

Thanks and Regards,

Siva Prakash Reddy Narreddy

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For external interrupt handling in Linux please refer to this topic:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/449406 

0 Kudos