I have a core clock of 178.128 MHz and I would like to set the SDHC clock below 50 MHz. Can that be done using MCUXpresso?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a core clock of 178.128 MHz and I would like to set the SDHC clock below 50 MHz. Can that be done using MCUXpresso?

Jump to solution
calvinday
Contributor III

If so. How?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Calvin,

- From the SDHC clock source diagram we can see, if you select the core clock as the clock

source of SDHC , there isn't division factor  , so 178.128 MHz can't division to 50MHZ.

- I think here maybe you can choose the IRC48MCLK as the clock source :

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 Replies
calvinday
Contributor III

K66

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Calvin,

Yes, of course . The SDHC module has four possible clock sources for the external clock source, as
shown in the following figure.

pastedImage_1.png

So if the core clock is 178.128 MHZ, you can select the other sources .

For example , the OSERCLK :pastedImage_2.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
calvinday
Contributor III

I was hoping to get a clock closer to 50 MHz. My oscer clock speed is 16.384 MHz. If I select the core clock, I get an error.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Calvin,

- From the SDHC clock source diagram we can see, if you select the core clock as the clock

source of SDHC , there isn't division factor  , so 178.128 MHz can't division to 50MHZ.

- I think here maybe you can choose the IRC48MCLK as the clock source :

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

calvinday
Contributor III

Yes. That will work.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Calvin,

Could you please tell us the part number of your chip, thanks .

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos