cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto build for imx6ul_pico_hobbit: no WiFi

koenraadverheyd
Contributor II

Hello all,

I'm deploying a system image for the Pico-i.MX6UL, using the FSL Community BSP from GitHub. But I can't seem to figure out how to enable the WiFi driver.

Is there a switch to install the driver that I'm completely missing?

The Pico-i.MX6UL uses the Broadcom BCM4339 and I'm using the (default) linux-fslc kernel.

If I run ifconfig -a, I get the following interfaces:

can0
can1
eth0
lo
sit0

I've also tried to use the linux-imx kernel, but then I get the following error:

make[3]: *** No rule to make target 'arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ul-pico-hobbit.dtb'.  Stop.
arch/arm/Makefile:322: recipe for target 'imx6ul-pico-hobbit.dtb' failed

Thank you,

Koenraad Verheyden

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Koenraad Verheyden,

As you mentioned, the kernel used for this board by default is linux-fscl. I don’t think the linux-imx kernel has been ported for this board. Baking linux-fscl should also create the device tree for this board.

The device tree does have the Wifi SDIO information on the usdhc2 port.

I think the driver is not available as a yocto package and it was integrated on the 4.1.15 kernel as a module. There is some information on Murata’s website that may help:

http://wireless.murata.com/datasheet?/RFM/data/murata_quick_start_guide_linux.pdf

Regards,

koenraadverheyd
Contributor II

Thanks gusarambula.

With the latest Linux 4.1.15_2.0.0 release, NXP has modified the WLAN driver (bcmdhd) to be built into the kernel.

Is it recommended to switch to a Linux 4.1.15 kernel? Or would it be possible to build this module for the current release? I  haven't worked with kernel modules before.

I also don't have access to the mentioned NXP Murata i.MX Support Portal yet, so I can't see the available resources.

In the bitbake layers only linux-fslc 4.4 and 4.9 are available and the linux-imx kernel can't be built for this board.

0 Kudos