NFC Cockpit Tool - HALIO_TIMEOUT error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC Cockpit Tool - HALIO_TIMEOUT error

robmitrunen
Contributor I

My customer would like to use the OM25180FDK: PN5180 NFC Frontend Development Kit to read a NXP ICode SLIX (ISO 15693) 6mm tag.

They have the NFC Cockpit Tool communicating with PNEV5180 eval board and are able to go through the steps to load protocol, turn off RF ,etc

However for their setup, it always fails at “Activate Layer4” step. See screenshot below. They would like it if NXP can provide insight to reasons why. I believe they are reading an ISO 14443 tag.

NFC Cockpit Tool Screenshot.jpg

The Activate Layer4 step is referred to as Request for Answer To Select (RATS) in the PN5180 Product Support Package Presentation.

As a next step, they will be creating application software to talk to the firmware via USB. They would like to understand better how to control the RF power for their prototype.

I asked them to review AN11742 Dynamic Power Control app note.

Thanks,

Rob

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
2 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rob,

My apologies for the long time with no responses to your question. FYI, you can also reach our online support team by submitting a CASE, following next procedure:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329745 

What is the status of the issue described above?

I got confused, you mentioned that customer tries to read ISO-15693 tags, but the screenshots show that they are using the tab for ISO-14443 Type A tags and launching the "Activate Layer 4" command. For ICODE SLIX tags they should be using the controls from the ISO-15693 tab and launching the "Inventory" command.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

mattlynch
Contributor I

Hi Jorge, I'm piggybacking on Rob's comment, since the question I was about to post was about this error. What does this error actually indicate? Does this just happen any time there isn't a card near the antenna when it is polled, or is it an error in configuration? I'm trying to read the example cards that came with my PNEV7462B kit, and I get this same error regardless of settings. Is there a solution to this issue? Even an indication of what this error actually means would be great. Is there a reference somewhere for what the various errors mean?

Thanks,

Matt