Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel configuration of zImage_mfgtool

Jump to solution
ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi all

I want to know the kernel configuration setting of zImage_mfgtool.

How can I know it ?

I used the MFGTool to write a image to eMMC.

When I use the our custom kernel, it failed to write.

On the other hand, when I use the zImage_mfgtool, it success.

So I want to compare the kernel to know the difference between them.

Ko-hey

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

From section 6.2 (Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool) of “i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf”

A manufacturing tool kernel is built using the imx_v7_mfg_defconfig

while the default kernel is built by using the imx_v7_defconfig.

(/arch/arm/configs/imx_v7_mfg_defconfig)

Since the mfg recipe uses default configuration file to build u-boot and kernel - adaptation of default kernel and U-boot configurations may be needed.

In krogoth release there are sometimes task hask mismatch errors.

A fix for this is to build linux-imx first then clean the linux-mfgtools then bitbake the fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

From section 6.2 (Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool) of “i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf”

A manufacturing tool kernel is built using the imx_v7_mfg_defconfig

while the default kernel is built by using the imx_v7_defconfig.

(/arch/arm/configs/imx_v7_mfg_defconfig)

Since the mfg recipe uses default configuration file to build u-boot and kernel - adaptation of default kernel and U-boot configurations may be needed.

In krogoth release there are sometimes task hask mismatch errors.

A fix for this is to build linux-imx first then clean the linux-mfgtools then bitbake the fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos