cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom board with kl26z: internal flash programming (128k) via mini usb

protagora27prot
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm using a custom board with kl26z and 128k internal flash. I would like to know if

there is a way to program internal flash in production phase without using jtag/swd interface. I thought to use mini usb

connected to PC usb port  and to write a program reading   flash images data from miniusb serial port and  erase /program all internal flash. 

Thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

isaacromero
Contributor II

Hi!

I have almost the same question("I would like to know if there is a way to program internal flash in production phase without using jtag/swd interface."protagora27 protagora27), I also trying to program a custom board with KL27Z256V via USB not OpenSDA-USB, I also try to connect to the board with "KINETIS FLASH TOOL", but can achieve the connection between PC and board via USB; via OpenSDA-USB the connection was asserted.

I also try with FRDM-KL43

pastedImage_6.png

kerryzhou

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Isaac Romero,

Your question is not the same question as the top post, next time you can create your own question post directly.

Because KL26 don't have the ROM bootloader, then the customer need to download the flash bootloader with USB bootloader function in the KL26 at first.

But you are using KL27 chip, this chip have the on chip ROM bootloader, it already contains the USB ROM bootloader function, so you can use the HID to download the code with the Kinetis flash tool. Your own board can refer to the FRDM-KL43 if you want to download the APP code with USB ROM bootloader.

If you still have further question, please create the new post and let me know, I will reply you directly in your own post.

Thanks a lot!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If you want to use the USB to program the device, first you need to load on the device a bootloader.

Regards

Vicente 

0 Kudos