Processor Expert not working with UART0 PTE20 and PTE21 for KL25Z

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert not working with UART0 PTE20 and PTE21 for KL25Z

b48409
Contributor I

I am trying to use Processor expert to create code for UART communication using UART0 PTE20 and PTE21 pins on KL25Z. The code works when I use PTA1 and PTA2 as UART0 pins.

I dont know whats wrong when I use Port E pins for UART.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

eshaulx
Contributor I

Hi Guys,

I am having the very same issue with my KE04 MCU.

When using PTB1 and PTB0 everything is OK

But when using PTA3 and PTA2 UART0 is not functioning.

I suspect that processor expert is missing something - configuration wise,

as PTA3, PTA2 marked as default=DISABLED on the table below.

Is anyone have any idea how to make it with processor expert?

I will appreciate your assistance,

Best,

Erez.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Akash,

1)  How to configure the "Pin Mux Control" of PORTE_PCR20 / PCR21 ?

Please pay attention that  when it is "100",  the pin function is UART0 tx and rx,

it is different with PTA .

2) Please also enable the PTE port clock .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

b48409
Contributor I

Hi Alice,

I selected these ports to work as UART using Processor Expert. I think that the ports will be initialized to perform the correct selected functionality by the code generated by PE because this is the case with other ports like PTB0 which I am using as ADC.

One thing I observed is that PTA1 and PTA2 pins are disabled on reset but PTE20 and PTE 21 are ADC0 on reset.

Does Processor Expert not change the default functionality of the pin? My code works if I use PTA1/PTA2 pins.  

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Akash,

I create simple project with Processor Expert based on CW10.7 ,

refer to your requirement , it can work well :

pastedImage_1.png

Please be sure connect the right pin :

PTE20 is the  J10-1 on board ,

PTE21 is  J10-3

pastedImage_2.jpg

I also attached the simple project .

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Are you using the FRDM-KL25Z board? I would check the signals on that board. And carefully check the revision/schematics of your FRDM-KL25Z board, as I remember pins have been swapped in a version/revision.

Other than that, can you share any more details?

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

b48409
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

I am using KL25Z board. How can I check the revision of the board? 

I am sorry I am using this board for the first time so asking such silly questions. 

I selected these ports to work as UART using Processor Expert. I think that the ports will be initialized to perform the correct selected functionality by the code generated by PE because this is the case with other ports like PTB0 which I am using as ADC.

One thing I observed is that PTA1 and PTA2 pins are disabled on reset but PTE20 and PTE 21 are ADC0 on reset.

Does Processor Expert not change the default functionality of the pin? My code works if I use PTA1/PTA2 pins.

-Akash

0 Kudos