cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My application for LPC54114 not working in ISP mode

sivakumar_s_k_k
Contributor II

Hi,

I am working on a secondary bootloader for the 54114 chip on a LPCXpresso5411x board. Everything works well when I use the debugger (Keil) or the flash magic to program the image. But the same image doesn't seem to work in the ISP mode. I have correctly set the valid image checksum using the ELFDWT.EXE tool and the image headers have been set to legacy mode. 

Once I copy the .bin file in ISP mode (SW4 + SW2) and if I do a reset (SW4), the board remains in the ISP mode and never comes out unless I use the debugger or flash magic to re-flash it. As per the UM, the only requirement for a legacy image is that the checksum of the first 8 32-bit words of the image must add to 0x00000000. This criteria is being met in my application but still I am not able to get it work.

Any help or suggestion with respect to this issue would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Siva Kumar,

Thank you for your interest in NXP LPC product, I would like to provide service for you.

Please tell me what the secondary bootloader you are using?

You said:Once I copy the .bin file in ISP mode.

Please tell me how you copy the .bin file, please give more details about your question, and attached your secondary bootloader which can reflect the problem, I need to check it on my side.

Waiting for your reply!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sivakumar_s_k_k
Contributor II

Hi kerry,

Sorry for the delay in responding to this thread. Please find my comments below:-

Please tell me what the secondary bootloader you are using?

[comments] We are using a customized bootloader mainly for performing the DFU operation. The boot loader has an option to reinvoke ISP mode when a particular key file has been downloaded to it using the dfu-util tool.

You said:Once I copy the .bin file in ISP mode

[comments] To copy the bin file, we either use the ISP pins on the board to put the device into USB ISP mode. Or as I have mentioned above we also use the boot loader to revoke the USB ISP mode. Once the device appears as mass storage drive, we then copy the bin file. At this point we would expect this image to execute on reset but what happens is the device remains in ISP mode.

I have attached the bootloader BIN file for your testing. We build the boot loader for 11U6X and 5411X from the same code base and 11U6X works just fine. Also from the UM of 5411X, Chip_IAP_ReinvokeISP API excepts param0 for USART, USB, I2C and SPI ISP mode but the API implementation in the chip library doesn't take any parameters. Can you please confirm this as well.

Thanks,

Siva

0 Kudos

sivakumar_s_k_k
Contributor II

Hi Kerry,

Did you get a chance to look at this query.

Thanks,

Siva

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Siva kumar,

I have check it on my side, I already reproduce the problem.

I will contact our according department, and report this problem.

Any updated information, will let you know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

sivakumar_s_k_k
Contributor II

Hi Kerry,

I got an update from NXP. Renaming the file to "firmware.bin"/"FIRMWARE.bin" fixes the problem.

It seems to be because of a Win 7 update in the USB ROM driver.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Siva Kumar,

Thank you so much for your solutions sharing.

I also report this problem to our AE department, still waiting for their reply.

I have tried the method that modify the application .bin file name to FIRMWARE.bin, then press the reset button, the application code really work.

Could you tell me where you get the update from the NXP? Service request case? If yes, Please tell me the case number.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

sivakumar_s_k_k
Contributor II

Hi Kerry,

Sorry, I dont have any service or case number for this. This was unofficially confirmed over the mail by someone in the NXP with whom we co-ordinate for our current project.

Thanks,

Siva

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Siva,

Thank you for your more details.

Actually, I also get the same reply as you from our according department.

So, now, let's work round it by rename our application file to the firmware.bin .

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos