cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question related to operating modes of MPC5643L

arthivenkatasub
Contributor III

Hi,

I am not getting what exactly LSM does? It operation is linked with Sphere of Replication. My another question is

How Sphere of Replication used in Lock Step Mode? Also which will be replicated While operating in LSM? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I am attaching several slides describing MPC5643L architecture. It offers two modes LSM and DPM. Page 2 shows their comparison.

Page 3 shows spheres of replication (i.e. Lake) executing the same tasks in LSM mode.

On the place, where replicated and non-replicated part touches, lies redundancy checker. It checks whether bus content is equal - if no, fault is reported to FCCU module and FCCU takes appropriate action (MCU can go to safe mode, interrupt or reset can occur according to particular fault severity, report this condition to supervisory system on FCCU pins and so on).

Typical application is in the systems where possible faults are not easily tolerated and malfunction could lead in injuries or damages of people health. It is called safety systems. Examples:

Airbag Systems, Electronic Stability Control, Electric Power Steering, Braking, …

In non-automotive applications Robotics, Industrial Automation, Medical Appliances and so on…

MPC57xx changed a technique a bit - there is not LSM/DPM mode, but device has main core and checker core (so called Safety Lake) as you can see in attached picture.

Main core and checker are almost the same, but differs in absence of some sub-blocks in its checker variant (caches, nexus). Its number is decreased by one (e200z720 -> e200z719).

arthivenkatasub
Contributor III

Hi Sir, 

Thanks for your answer. It was helpful

0 Kudos