Having trouble implementing USB libraries into Kinetis KSDK 1.3 Project.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble implementing USB libraries into Kinetis KSDK 1.3 Project.

Jump to solution
brendanmerna
Contributor IV

I've been working with the FRDM-K22F board for a few weeks and have a project I'm building up for a product that's going to use that microchip. I'm at the point where I want to implement USB with this project, so the board can enumerate as a USB host and send some commands to a Windows computer through some hardware buttons.

I've found the example project "Hid Keyboard" and I've built the USB platform "usbd_sdk_bm_lib". The example project works and I see the commands of scroll up and down on the computer and the USB device with that project enumerates properly.

Next step was to move the USB components from the Keyboard HID project to my project. I've found this PDF with the K64F board which talks about which files to copy over and which includes to add.  file:///C:/Users/brendan_merna/Downloads/Creating%20a%20New%20USB%20project%20with%20KSDK%20and%20Pr...

I've added those files and includes, my project builds, I've stripped out all other code to make it exactly the same as the keyboard demo, but the application doesn't enumerate with the computer. The PDF talks about using processor expert. Is that something that has to be implemented to use USB. I don't see it on the Keyboard demo. 

Anyone know any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
brendanmerna
Contributor IV

Figured out the problem. There was an incorrect linker flag that I had added to my project to fix a former problem. This flag caused the usb platform to not recognized the correct USB interrupt and the program was crashing.

I copied the linker flags from the hid keyboard demo example and USB began to work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
brendanmerna
Contributor IV

Figured out the problem. There was an incorrect linker flag that I had added to my project to fix a former problem. This flag caused the usb platform to not recognized the correct USB interrupt and the program was crashing.

I copied the linker flags from the hid keyboard demo example and USB began to work.

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Brendan,

As you know that the SDK1.3 is very old, the current SDK version is SDK2.0 or SDK2.1, can you download the latest version of SDK based on FRDM-K22F board?

If you use SDK2.x, pls refer to the link:

Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|NXP 

You can download SDK2.x and the "project Generator" tools from the link , with which you can new a project based on the sdk2.x you have downloaded.

If you do want to use SDK1.3, pls update the ticket, I will answer it.

Sorry for the delay

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos