Interfacing PCA9548A with CC3200

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing PCA9548A with CC3200

harishjayanth
Contributor I

I am using Energia IDE to program my RBL CC3200 wifi micro. I am trying to interface multiple IMUs through a PCA9548APW. My circuit looks something the one below. There seems to a communication issue between the CC3200 and the MUX.

The exact same circuit works well with an Arduino Uno R3 but not with the CC3200. I have tried using a variety of Pull up Resistors from 1k to 10k.

On connecting the SDA and SCL to an oscilloscope, I came to notice that there is a constant digital signal on the SDA line and no signal on the SCL pin. 

When I plugged in an MPU6050 directly to the CC3200, without the MUX in between, there is no problem.

I am pretty clueless on where I am going wrong. What could be the issue and how can I get it working?Block Diagram.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply

david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Harish,

You mentioned that the same configuration works properly using the Arduino Uno R3, in this case, are you using the same I2C configuration at the CC3200? Does the firmware changed?

In this case, I assume it is a timing issue. Are you within the dynamic characteristics mentioned on the Table 9 from the

PACA9548A datasheet?

Regards,

David

0 Kudos