About J-Link Lite LPC Edition

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About J-Link Lite LPC Edition

lllggg000111
Contributor I

Hello, everyonr, I have a few questions to ask.How can I buy the J-Link Lite LPC Edition sold by NXP? Is there some Agents?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lllggg000111
Contributor I

Thank you for your answer!May I take it that the LPC-Link2 is substitution of J-Link Lite LPC Edition?And the LPC-Link2 has the ability to do that “burnning the kickstart loader and S1L into the board's NAND FLASH” when UART 5  is not available.In may application UART 5 is not available when the board powered up,and I can not burnning the bootloader software by UART 5.The only way to burnning the bootloader to NAND FLASH is to use JTAG.NXP provides a method as flows.

LPC32x0 S1L/kickstart build example 

"The FDI board uses UART 1 as the default boot UART. Because UART 1 is not used by the boot ROM, it cannot be used with the serial loader tool. Instead, the bootloader software will be deployed to the board with the J-Link Lite LPC Edition JTAG debugger. The J-Link Lite LPC Edition is a low-cost JTAG debugger for LPC devices included with the FDI board. The Future Designs board included a LPC Edition of the J-Link Lite JTAG debugger. This debugger will be initially used to burn the kickstart loader and S1L? into the board's NAND FLASH. To use the debugger, first download the J-Link software from Segger's website athttp://www.segger.com/cms/jlink-software.html. Install the software per the documentation and verify that the debugger can communicate with the board. J-link Commander doesn't requires a license to run with the LPC Edtition."

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

I suspect you mean this:

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - LPC Link 2 

You need to purchase an LPC-Link2 (about $15) and then load the J-Link firmware on to it.

0 Kudos