cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI doesn't react on Solo and QP

nexy_sm
Contributor II

Hi all,

I have an issue with HDMI on custom boards, one with Solo and another with Quad.

On Solo board reading any register from HDMI transmitter returns 0s.

On Quad board reading HDMI transmitter registers return correct value.

In both cases there is no output on HDMI. Hot plug signal is present and correct, 0.8 V when no cable is present, and 2.55 V when cable is plugged. Unfortunately I cannot see any clock nor data with the scope. When cable is plugged simply nothing happens.

The U-Boot code we are using to test HDMI works on SABRE AUTO.

Does anybody have any suggestion where to seek for the problem? It is really strange to read 0s from Solo's HDMI transmitter. Also when I want to read Identification register 0s come out.

Thanx and cheers

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nemanja

SABRE AUTO image may not work for other processors/configurations.

Please choose correct configuration using sect.5.1 Build configurations attached Yocto Guide

for i.MX6Solo and i.MX6QP and build separate images for each processor,

use nxp uboot

uboot-imx.git - Freescale i.MX u-boot Tree 

More documentation can be found on

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-development-tools/i.mx-software-and-tools/i....

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos