cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK build failed while downloading sja1105-tool

georgwaibel
Contributor II

Hello,

I downloaded the IoT Gateway SDK (IoT-gateway-platform-Release-V0.1-SOURCE-20170120-yocto.iso) and tried to build the sja1105-tool package. The build failed because the repository is not available:

"Failed to fetch URL git://sw-stash.freescale.net/scm/dnind/sja1105-tool.git"

Has the repository moved to a other location?

Regards

Georg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
6 Replies

sixtensjöströmt
Contributor II

I got help from the NXP support.

The recipe for sja1105-tool in the IoT Gateway SDK is broken.

Source code for the sja1105-tool can be found on GitHub:

GitHub - openil/sja1105-tool: The sja1105-tool is a Linux userspace application for configuring the ... 

georgwaibel
Contributor II

Thanks for the info

Georg

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We usually use the following command sequence for SDK installing under Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 16.04:

1. sudo apt-get install ubuntu-minimal ubuntu-standard patch vim-common sed wget subversion git-core coreutils libbonobo2-common unzip texi2html texinfo libsdl1.2-dev docbook-utils gawk python-pysqlite2 diffstat make gcc build-essential xz-utils g++ desktop-file-utils chrpath libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev autoconf automake groff libtool xterm libncurses5-dev cvs tofrodos

1. a) command: ls -l /bin/sh

1. b) command: sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash

Answer after password – No

Removing 'diversion of /bin/sh to /bin/sh.distrib by dash'

Adding 'diversion of /bin/sh to /bin/sh.distrib by bash'

Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/man/man1/sh.1.gz to /usr/share/man/man1/sh.distrib.1.gz by dash'

Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/man/man1/sh.1.gz to /usr/share/man/man1/sh.distrib.1.gz by bash'

1. c) command for checking: ls -l /bin/sh

1. mount SDK .iso file
  2. install SDK
  3. cd <sdk-install-dir>.
  4. ./sources/meta-freescale/scripts/host-prepare.sh

Usually Linux recommends also run the following command: sudo usr/sbin/visudo

1. bitbake fsl-image-minimal

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sixtensjöströmt
Contributor II

Nothing?

0 Kudos

georgwaibel
Contributor II

Hello Pavel,

maybe the subject of my post is misleading..

I guess the fsl-image-minimal configuration just does not contain the sja1105-tool. However, I am working with the SJA1105 switch on the LS1021ATSN board and I would like to build the sja1105-tool. So the question is: How can I get the source code of that tool?

I got a firmware image for the LS1021ATSN board from our distributor (EBV) that contains the sja1105-tool binary, but this version has some bugs. I would like to get the latest version of the tool with the bugs fixed or the source code to fix them by myself.

Thanks and regards

Georg Waibel

Von: Pavel

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 5. April 2017 08:14

An: Waibel Georg <Georg.Waibel@sensor-technik.de>

Betreff: Re: - Re: SDK build failed while downloading sja1105-tool

NXP Community <https://community.freescale.com/resources/statics/1000/35400-NXP-Community-Email-banner-600x75.jpg>

Re: SDK build failed while downloading sja1105-tool

reply from Pavel Chubakov<https://community.nxp.com/people/Pavel?et=watches.email.thread> in QorIQ Processing Platforms - View the full discussion<https://community.nxp.com/message/893949?commentID=893949&et=watches.email.thread#comment-893949>

0 Kudos

sixtensjöströmt
Contributor II

Sorry for hijacking, but I have the exact same issue. Your installation instruction is good, but does not solve the issue. The repository git://sw-stash.freescale.net/scm/dnind/sja1105-tool.git is still just as unavailable.

0 Kudos