cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need NOR flash addresss for uboot and Kernel

adityanagal
Contributor III

Hi ,

I am working over IMX6 solo based target board. In my design , NOR Flash is interfaced with IMX6 Solo. NOR Flash is supposed to be having uboot , kernel and Dtb files. At what addresses(of NOR Flash) SPL( if required) , uboot  and kernel need to be flashed.

Regards,

Aditya Nagal

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please look at hints below about EIM NOR configuration.

EIM (Parallel) NOR configuration of NXP BSP is based on i.MX 6 SABRE-AI design.

From section 4.5.9 [Booting from EIM (Parallel) NOR] of “i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf” :

SPI and EIM NOR have pin conflicts on i.MX 6 SABRE-AI boards. Neither can be

used for the same configuration. The default U-Boot configuration is set to SPI NOR.

Please look at section 5.5 (U-Boot configuration) of “i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf” regarding U-boot with EIM NOR version.

Finally, please use sections 4.6.3 (Parallel NOR flash memory map) and 4.4.1.4 (Flashing

U-Boot on Parallel NOR from U-Boot) of the Linux User’s Guide.

It makes sense to try the recent BSP (U-boot, kernel, MFG)

http://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.1.15_2.0.0-LINUX-DOCS&Parent_nodeId=133769948107170617... 

Summary Page :

i.MX 6 / i.MX 7 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP 

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos