MFG-Tool Crash when selecting USB Ports

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFG-Tool Crash when selecting USB Ports

cgeks
Contributor II

Since two weeks my MFG-Tool crashes when i enter the options-->configuration-->USB-Ports tab. Accessing the profiles and general tab is no problem. But selection of USB Ports is not possible. The Application crashes and stops working.

I am using windows 7 Pro 64 Bit, I have no USB3.0 Ports. It used to work for 3 years without this issue. I have tried versions 1.6.2_30, 1.6.2_32, 1.6.2_42, 1.6.2_48, 1.6.2_55. All have the same behaviour. It does not matter if my virtual machine is running or not. So a lock of usb ports can be excluded a root cause. I can´t match the occurance of the problem with a software that i installed. Is there a file where MFGtools store the USB config that is possible to edit manually to fix the problem of selecting the usb ports?

Attached is my usb controller config from Win device manager if that helps to identify possible conflicts.

Any ideas how to debug and fix?

Target system is i.mx28

0 Kudos
4 Replies

lategoodbye
Senior Contributor I

Unfortunately this is a very old issue of Mfgtool.

0 Kudos

cgeks
Contributor II

Thank you for your reply. I have seen this post before, but did not know how to react. It was working for years on my machine and stopped working suddenly. If you tracked this down this issue do you know how to populate the root entry again. Is that something that needs to be done in the registry?

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Try to completely uninstall the MFGtool software, including the i.MX USB HID drivers, and then re-install it from the scratch.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

cgeks
Contributor II

Hi Artur,

thanks for your answer. The question may sound stupid but i have to ask how to uninstall the software and uninstall the HID drivers since have never installed something and i have no uninstall routine in windows programs available. As the documentation says:

"Unzip the tool package to your local directory, say: D:\mfgtools-rel\, and enter it, you will find an .exe file named MfgTool.exe. Without any installation step, you can run it directly. So, just run it. You should be able to see below user interface."

I have observed that my registry only shows empty values for all panel entrys (HubIndex is ffffffff name is none)

0 Kudos