What RTC driver and part for the LS1043ARDB?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What RTC driver and part for the LS1043ARDB?

tracysmith
Contributor IV

1) To clarify, what is the RTC part number used by the LS1043ARDB eval board? 

2) What driver is  used for that RTC part number on the LS1043ARDB eval?

3) To be more specific, is the RTC part number for the LS1043ARDB eval the M41T81S part

In kernel defconfig and .config, I see the following DS3232 configured, which I believe may be the Dallas off-chip part discussed in the SDK documentation.  But the RTC chip is not the DS3232 off-chip part from what I understand.  Is the RTC part number for the LS1043ARDB eval the M41T81S

I see the M41T80 but NXP  doesn't have this driver configured in the kernel configuration.  

CONFIG_RTC_DRV_DS3232=y
CONFIG_RTC_DRV_PCF2127=y

CONFIG_RTC_CLASS=y
CONFIG_RTC_DRV_EFI=y
CONFIG_RTC_DRV_XGENE=y

So, I'm confused what part and driver is being used for the real-time clock on the LS1043ardb that provides the clock for the 5 WDOGs.

4) Is the SDK 2.0 kernel configured and is it using the RTC at  on the LS1043ARDB eval board even though the RTC logic is there and presumably works? 

Please clarify for customers the part number, driver, and what is or is not being used on the LS1043ARDB for the RTC that provides the clock to the 5 WDOGs. This is a bit frustrating for customers that need the WDOGs even if they may be planning to use an "off-chip" RTC.

5) Has the RTC been validated on the LS1043ARDB?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
  1. The LS1043ARDB board uses the PT7C4338 as RTC. This RTC is practically compatible to DS3232.

1. The rtc-ds3232.c file is used as RTC driver. See attached file.

1. This SDK contains driver for M41T80. See the rtc-m41t80.c file using the following path:

/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_ls1043ardb/tmp/work/ls1043ardb-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/git/drivers/rtc

See attached screenshot from SDK 2.0 kernel menu.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the following pages:

http://code.metager.de/source/xref/denx/u-boot/doc/uImage.FIT/howto.txt

and

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/xenial/man1/mkimage.1.html

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos