cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-HB2001-EVM Compatibility with Arduino Boards

hongweikoh
Contributor I

Hi all.

I would like to ask if the MC33HB2001's Evaluation Board, FRDM-HB2001-EVM, can be used with Arduino boards such as the Arduino Mega 2560, or the Arduino UNO.

It seems like the FRDM-HB2001-EVM has pins specifically to fit FRDM-KL25Z only. However, according to the FRDM-HB2001-EVM user's guide, it was stated that this Evaluation Board is "compatible with any Arduino Platform Boards. However, if a board other than the FRDM-KL25Z is used, MCU code must be written to work with the board."

Does this mean that it can be used with the Arduino Mega 2560 or UNO?

Thank you very much for your assistance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hong Wei,

You can connect the FRDM-HB2001-EVM to the Arduino UNO board without any problems, but only SPI mode will be possible, you will not be able to use IN1 and IN2 inputs (parallel mode).

As for the Arduino Mega board, there should be soon available the DEVKIT-TRANSLATE which will allow you to use also IN1 and IN2 inputs (parallel mode) and FB output if you need to measure an output current.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos

hongweikoh
Contributor I

Hi Tomas, 

I would like to ask, since the data sheet of the EVM states that it can be operated in two modes, H bridge mode and a Half Bridge mode, is there something that must be done for the board to enter these individual mode? Is it through the SPI software?

0 Kudos

hongweikoh
Contributor I

Hi Tomas, 

Thank you so much for your reply.

I would like to clarify something with you. By saying that I cannot use IN1 & IN2 inputs (parallel mode), do you mean I cannot simply connect two PWM pins from the UNO to IN1 & IN2 to control the FRDM-HB2001-EVM?

Thank you once again! 

0 Kudos