AnsweredAssumed Answered

Qt Build Environment

Question asked by shani on Mar 27, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 29, 2017 by gusarambula

Hi,

We are using IMX6DL in our design (referenced from SabreSD board). I am trying to configure my build environment, in particular configuring QtCreator for my target setup.

1. There are different articles/forum postings describing this process. What is the best/recommended method? Is this the best set of guidelines to follow: Setting up Qt Creator to build for i.MX6 ?

2. I noticed that here (https://community.nxp.com/thread/309578#510890 ) are another set of instructions with one big difference: this one suggests adding the following line to qtcreator.sh "source /opt/poky/1.4.1/environment-setup-armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi"

Is this necessary?

3. In both the above steps, it creates and SDK with the build tools (compiler/linker etc) build into it and suggests that the compiler to use is in here: /opt/poky/1.4.1/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-g++

How is this compiler different from the linaro toolchain? Which one is the recommended toolchain to use?

Thanks.

Outcomes