How to read out the Freemaster TSA table from another MCU

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read out the Freemaster TSA table from another MCU

kigerzhang
Contributor III

I use  the "Kinetis KM3x_256 MCU Three-Phase Metering Reference Design"  as metering  part of my 3-Ph power protect module.  That embedded the Freemaster  by using the SCI driver.   That can  easily be calibrated and turned by the Freemaster PC program .

But  In my system the parameters need to be read out by another MCU (Keaz64) .   In order to simplify the interface  the Keaz64 will  use the same ISO UART to read the parameters .

I read through  the  KM3x_256 code ,but not found the clear   scheme to read the TSA tabe . 

Could anyone provide an  example   to demo the communication of the Freemaster PC with the board  ?

Or any  document  to indicate the communication protocol ? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies

kigerzhang
Contributor III

Dear Alice,

Thanks for your reply.

My design is based on  DRM162.    What I want to do is reading  out the meter parameters  just like the Freemaster (Runing on PC)  is doing .

So I can totally re-use the DRM162 software . I can use the Freemaster to calibrate the meter , and  also I can use the same isolated UART to read out the  current and voltage sample data by Keaz64. 

I need the protocol that defines  how the Freemaster  communicate with the board.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kiger,

Sorry there isn't the describe about Freemaster protocol, only have the User Guide

under Freemaster install directory .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

kigerzhang
Contributor III

Dear Alice , 

Thank you ! 

You throw a light on me .  I found the new protocol version in the  Freemaster install folder .

0 Kudos

kigerzhang
Contributor III

Dear Alice,Alice_Yang

Now I find the AN2471 , that is exactly what I need .  But the version is old  which was published  in 2003  and missing the TSA . 

http://cache.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/application-notes/AN2471.pdf?fromsite=zh-Hans&fsrch=1&... 

Do you find an updated version?

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kiger,

- Does this can help you :

http://cache.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/application-notes/AN4265.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=2&pageNum=1    

pastedImage_2.png

- If didn't , please tell me which project .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos