JN5168 External Flash Memory Support

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5168 External Flash Memory Support

bricehope
Contributor I

Are there any updates to external flash memory the JN516x supports?  Three of the memory modules listed within document JN-AN-1003 are now end-of-life or obsolete (M25P10-A, M25P40, AT25F512).  The other memory module listed the SST 25VF0101, I cannot find any additional information about.  

The JN5168 is active product within many of our devices, and we need a working solution for external flash memory that works with this device.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Brice

0 Kudos
5 Replies

witoldsowa
Contributor II

I'm tying to understand whether there is any way to use custom external flash for application storage. My case is following. I want to user JN5168 with OTA therefore I need 512 KB of storage for application code. The only supported 512 KB memory chip is already discontinued.

I can see PDM_vSPIFlashConfig function where I can supply custom functions to interact with the flash. This function however will allow my application to use acustom flash. What I need is a bootloader reading app code from my custom flash so the question is: Can I supply functions for custom flash to the bootloader?

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Witold,

Could you please submit your question in a new community post?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Brice,

The M25P10-A, M25P40, AT25F512  are some devices that you can use for connecting external serial memory.

You can take a look  to the Electrical Characteristics Chapter 19 and the 19.3.2 SPI Master Timing, be sure the memory respect this parameters.

Also, if the device is end of life, you can contact the manufacture for a replacement.

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

bricehope
Contributor I

Hi Mario,

I know the memory modules the JN516x currently supports.  But the question is, will NXP be adding support for other memory modules since the current memory modules are end-of-life.  Even if the memory manufacturers of these chip provide alternatives, would not NXP need to add support for the new modules?

Brice

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Brice,

NXP supports the driver implementation for the JN5168. The memory storage, implementation will be by your side.

Also, you can contact the vendor for support for this memory modules.

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos