Is Freescale Linux 2.6-imx.git Server down?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Freescale Linux 2.6-imx.git Server down?

dhruvshah
Contributor II

Is Freescale i.MX Linux GIT server under maintenance as I'm unable to access and clone the GIT repository from "git://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git. Also, yocto's Linux-imx build target fails due to the same reason.

Request you to guide me through this process.

Following is the command used along with the error log

git clone git://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git
Cloning into 'linux-2.6-imx'...
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights  and the repository exists.

Thanking you in advance.

i.mx6ul‌

Labels (1)
4 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dhruv Shah,

There seem to be intermittent issues with the repositories. I tested it and was able to clone the git. Would you please try it again?

Please try the following git:

git clone git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git

Regards,

dhruvshah
Contributor II

Hi Gusarambula,

Thank you for such prompt response. Yes I'm able to clone the same repository but somehow I'm not able to clean and build the i.MX 6 Yocto package for linux-imx that refers to this repository.

Can you please assist me on the same. The build was working 2 days ago but now seems to fail over and over again.

Command:

bitbake -fc cleanall linux-imx; bitbake linux-imx

Log:

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git;branch=imx_3.14.52_1.1.0_ga, attempting MIRRORS if available
ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:
fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /home)
Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git;branch=imx_3.14.52_1.1.0_ga'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: ~/fsl-release-bsp/build-x11/tmp/work/imx6ulevk-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.14.52-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.17080
ERROR: Task 4 (~fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_3.14.52.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Dhruv Shah

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dhruv Shah,

It’s odd that keeps failing. I would recommend switching to the other repository that holds this BSP Release:

repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-3.14.52-1.1.0_ga

repo sync

Fetch errors may be caused by an unstable internet connection. Even after synching, source code is not fetched until it’s required, on demand. You may force the fetching of the source code if you would like to fetch the source code for an image and build later when you won’t have internet access:

bitbake <image_or_recipe> -c fetchall

I hope this helps!

Regards,

dhruvshah
Contributor II

Hi Gusarambula,

Sorry for late reply. I was able to get the build working before the next day I posted the query by deleting the Yocto's download folder. Seems like the state of linux-imx package was messed up due to some reason when I issued the following command. 

bitbake -c cleanall linux-imx

Also, haven't got time to go through the fix that you suggested as I was loaded with other stuff in parallel. I'll update you later if the fix that you provided works.

Thank you so much for your support. 

0 Kudos