cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory footprint for iMX6UL BSP?

krunalk
Contributor II

Hello,

I have decided to use iMX6UL based SOM but don`t know how to select correct memory size. Can anyone help me to figure out memory requirement for BSP? What should I consider while calculating memory size(both Flash and RAM)? If it depends on usage of peripherals then what will be size if I use all peripherals?

Please guide.

Labels (4)
3 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Krunal K,

It’s hard to give specific numbers as it would very much depend on your application in both terms of rootfs size and modules that will be loaded to memory.

The i.MX6 Yocto BSP is very customizable and you can find small images with no GUI (core-image-minimal) and more complex ones with GUI and media player (fsl-image-qt5).

Regards,

0 Kudos

krunalk
Contributor II

Thanks for reply.

My application require non-gui based OS, I will not go with QT.

I hope following things will help you to suggest me a proper memory range.

Want to use peripherals like SPI, UART, Timer, Most of the GPIOs, I2C, Camera interface and USB host and device.

Also want to do different image processing on the captured image from camera. This is what I want.

I don`t think my application will consume more than 128MB flash memory. 

How to know flash memory size of default OS image from NXP for imx6ul board? (i.e for fsl_yocto-L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga)

0 Kudos

jan_spurek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Krunal,

for example the above mentioned core-image-minimal has size of ca 25 MB. To determine the exact size, you can build it (these minimalistic images don't take long to build, it is practically instant).

Best Regards,

Jan