cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous TX modes for testing, analysis, certification

thomasblank
Contributor II

Hi,

We need to put the KW41Z SoC into different continuous TX modes for testing purposes.

In the SMAC-Connectivity test example there are continuous modes with an unmodulated carrier and different modulated carriers. Looking through the code of that example I found the function ASP_TelecTest ins line 580 of the file MKW41Z_ConnSw_1.0.2\middleware\wireless\ieee_802_15_4_5.3.2\phy\source\MKW41Z\ASP.c. The test mode is set in the function TestMode in line 2596 in the file MKW41Z_ConnSw_1.0.2\middleware\wireless\smac_3.3.2\examples\connectivity_test\Connectivity_TestApp.c

Question 1: A possible test mode that the TestMode function might set is gTestContinuousTxContPN9_c. In the switch statement in ASP_TelecTest there is no case gTestContinuousTxContPN9_c. Which registers do I need to set how in a KW41Z SoC to send a continuous, randomly modulated signal?

Question 2: In the other cases in ASP_TelecTest, the code sets the register XCVR_MISC->DTEST_CTRL. In memory, that would be the address 4005C29C. That register is not documented in the MKW41Z/31Z/21Z Reference Manual. It should be on page 1909, but it's not there. Where can I get documentation about that register?

Regards,

Thomas

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas Blank

About your questions

Yes, I have checked the example code of connectivity test and you are right, gTestContinuousTxContPN9_c is not implemented in the example. But if you want to test this mode, I can recommend you to use the black box example from ieee_802_15_4, here is already implemented. You can use radio test feature from test tool software which offers same functionality. You can find a window as the following;

pastedImage_1.png

Hope this information could help you.
Have a great day,
Jorge Alcala

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mangramarco
Contributor III

Hello, i need to solve the same issue but in my version of test tool i've not kw41z tab. How can i add it?

thank you 
Marco

0 Kudos