cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qt app fails to start: EGL_EXT_device_base missing

Jump to solution
chris_f
Contributor V

It feels like I'm finally getting close to developing code on an i.MX6ULL EVK but my app won't run.

root@imx6ull14x14evk:/opt/multifx/bin# ./multifx --platform eglfs
QML debugging is enabled. Only use this in a safe environment.
EGL_EXT_device_base missing
Aborted

I'm using the fsl-image-qt5.

Build Configuration:

BB_VERSION = "1.30.0"
BUILD_SYS = "x86_64-linux"
NATIVELSBSTRING = "Ubuntu-16.04"
TARGET_SYS = "arm-poky-linux-gnueabi"
MACHINE = "imx6ull14x14evk"
DISTRO = "fsl-imx-fb"
DISTRO_VERSION = "4.1.15-2.0.1"
TUNE_FEATURES = "arm armv7ve vfp neon callconvention-hard cortexa7"
TARGET_FPU = "hard"

There's report and resolution of the same error here: [OE] QT + eglfs backend - DragonBoard410c - 96Boards Forum

They're using Qt5.7 / Qt5.8 with eglf kms integration and it requires gbm ... I don't know what any of those things are yet.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
chris_f
Contributor V

Looks like I'm out of luck with eglfs on the imx6ull due to lack of graphics hardware. I suspect a software only OpenGL solution would be terribly slow anyway.

I have at least got a Qt application to work by following the recommendation from gusarambula (here: https://community.nxp.com/message/807589?commentID=807589#comment-807589) to build Qt for linuxfb by adding this to my local.conf:

PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qtbase =  " linuxfb "

I can now deploy and run a Qt widget application. Still hoping to be able to use Qt Quick but I need to enable the 2D renderer ...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chris_f
Contributor V

Looks like I'm out of luck with eglfs on the imx6ull due to lack of graphics hardware. I suspect a software only OpenGL solution would be terribly slow anyway.

I have at least got a Qt application to work by following the recommendation from gusarambula (here: https://community.nxp.com/message/807589?commentID=807589#comment-807589) to build Qt for linuxfb by adding this to my local.conf:

PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qtbase =  " linuxfb "

I can now deploy and run a Qt widget application. Still hoping to be able to use Qt Quick but I need to enable the 2D renderer ...

0 Kudos