Triax cannot detect COM port on 1321x-SRB board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triax cannot detect COM port on 1321x-SRB board?

V_
Contributor I
Hi all,
I'm testing Accelerometer Demo with the 1321x-SRB board that our company bought several days ago. I installed all necessary requirements as in 1321x-SRB board user guide. The COM port is detected as COM10. When running Triax program, it said that the COM10 port is used by another program or no serial connection. I didn't run any program that used COM10, and USB connection is good, Power is ON.
Is there any bug in Triax? How to solve this problem?
Thank you in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi,

You should use 2 board. One board must be a SRB to provide the X, Y, and Z axes accelerometer data and the other board must have an available UART and be able to connect to a PC. You can use two SRBs. Flash the Accelerometer Demonstration into this two SRB boards. Press SW1 on one SBR (first board). You will see that when you move the board LED1 will flash. LED1 on the other SRB (second board) will flash to. Now you connect second SRB to USB cable, open the Triax, select the correct Com port and the application will start.

Also, you can find more informations in AN3232.pdf

BR,
Adrian
0 Kudos

V_
Contributor I
Hi addi,
I already refered & followed to that document. I used 2 SRBs for testing, LEDs on both SRBs worked properly. I tried to change to another COM ports, but it's said that all COMs (2-9) are in use. Only COM10 is available, but Triax cannot detect it (I tested with all baud rates). I installed the application from the CD accompanied with evaluation boards.
Anybody has the same problem? I have no clue to solve this problem.
Thank you
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Here is one hint - when you try to change the com port to 1-4, it will SAY it is in use, but you know it is not.
Change it anyway.

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I recommend you to generate the Accelerometer demo application from BeeKit and check if, Default SCI port: 2 (SCI2 = UART on USB Connector).

You can download BeeKit, from www.freescale.com/zigbee and you should use SMAC codebase for generate Accelerometer demo application. BeeKit includes an unlimited use license for the SMAC.

BR,
Adrian

Message Edited by addiyi on 2008-07-29 03:57 PM

0 Kudos