cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freemaster and MQX 3.8

broccolee
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using TWR-K60N512 with PK60DN512Z VMD10 chip, and Codewarrior 10.5 IDE with MQX 3.8. Does Freemaster work in MQX 3.8? If so how do I enable its functionality in MQX, and load the project symbol file in Freemaster? I don't see a project symbol file (.map or .elf) in the workspace, is it loaded differently for MQX projects?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dao Yan Lim 

Please refer to the following document for FreeMASTER Usage

http://cache.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/application-notes/AN4752.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1 

FreeMASTER Run-Time Debugging Tool|NXP 

The map file should be located under the debug folder, let's take hello world for example

Freescale_MQX_4_2\mqx\examples\hello\build\iar\hello_frdmk64f\int flash debug\list\hello.map

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

broccolee
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

I thought I made my question visible in the Kinetis Microcontroller category and it somehow got changed to MQX software solution... The reason I did that is that someone from NXP specifically mentioned that " MQX implementation was made for MQX standalone software (MQX 4.1 or most recent versions) " from this post: https://community.nxp.com/message/580050?q=freemaster%20mqx . So I'd like someone to help me verify if there's any possibility that it could actually work in MQX3.8. I am also aware of the document you copy and pasted here. I forgot to mention that I have been using Freemaster successfully to interact with my baremetal project, but I've just recently ported my project to MQX3.8. 

There isn't a 'list' folder in twrk60n512_Int_Flash_Debug. But there are files with '.afx', and '.afx.XMAP' extension, which is the right one?

I'd very very much appreciate it if you would stop using MQX4.2 to answer all my MQX3.8 questions...

Thanks.

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dao Yan Lim

Sorry, the default extention is afx in MQX 3.8 projects, you can change the properties of your project, to generate elf file.

Please refer to the properties, change the artifact extention from 'afx' to 'elf', then you can get the elf file

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos