cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX7 SPI maximum bit rate possible

eldadchen
Contributor I

Hi,

I would like to use i.MX7 SPI output at the highest bit rate possible.

according to spec & errata, I need to send packets of up to 32bit with stops between packets of at least half the clock period (CS4 according to datasheet).

is it possible to implement it with SCLK period of 20nsec? that CS4 will be 10nsec? does the CPU able to produce this kind of data streaming? 

I want to implement a serial data path (write only) that needs to have a bit rate of at least 40Mbit/sec.

Please advice.

Thank you

Eldad

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eldad,

If you refer to Table 5-11 of the i.MX7D Reference Manual, you could verify the clock source option for SPIs with a max frequency of 80MHz (Quad-SPI up to 400MHz).

Based in this, you could calculate the transmission speed, according with the additional configuration registers.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos