P2020RDB-PCA basic questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2020RDB-PCA basic questions

santiagorodrig1
Contributor I

Hi. To meet for first time QorIQ processors I think that the P2020RDB-PCA kit is a good starting point. I have to ask which tools are included in the kit (Digikey) because it's not clear for me.

1 - The CodeWarrior TAP is included? or I have to buy also the CWH-CTP-BASE-HE and the CWH-CTP-COP-YE ? This is no clear for me, but I think they are not included.

2 - The user manual is only available if I buy the kit? I searched it but no results. The learnings and tools used in P2020RDB-PCA can be used in a custom design with P1022 for example?

Thanks and regards

SR

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. No, CodeWarrior TAP is not included in P2020RDB-PCA. Board comes with pre-programmed Linux and U-boot, so you can use this pre-programmed U-boot to program flash with new Linux image and etc, CodeWarrior TAP may be not necessary in this case. But if you wish reprogram empty flash because your board flash is corrupted on become empty by any other reason, than you need CodeWarrior TAP to program flash by CodeWarrior flash programmer. Also, if you need to develop software for "bare board" (without Linux), than you will need CodeWarrior software and CodeWarrior TAP debug probe for debugging.

Yes, partnumbers CWH-CTP-BASE-HE and the CWH-CTP-COP-YE for CodeWarrior TAP body and probe tip.

2. Typically we place board documentation on "Documentation" page of the board product page, but in case of P2020RDB-PCA board I do not see it.

I do not think board user manual is really confidential, probably this document is not on web just because it is still preliminary. Please request this document from your local distributor or open a case to online technical support.

How I could create a Service Request? 

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos