cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How detect an Acknowledge Frame Error under listen-only mode with MSCAN

aitordarriba
Contributor I

Hi,

Currently I am working on a CAN Bus supervisor based on a MPC5125. Currently I am facing problems trying to detect the Acknowledge Error Frame on the bus when only are present a transmitter and my supervisor on listen-only mode so nobody is answering. I have notice that on the FlexCAN exists a specific register to store this information but I cant found nothing similar on the MSCAN. Anybody knows how detect this situation?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

uditsalunke
Contributor III

Aitor,

I see BOFFHOLD bit in CANMISC register which could solve your problem. Before going to LISTEN mode micro can set and check baud rate (125,250,500) matching with the Bus Baud rate. once matching baud rate found; you can switch to LISTEN mode. 

Any way, "Bus monitor" shall have AUTO baud detection; to start the BUS sniffing.     

Udit S.

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The MPC5125 MSCAN does not have a specific register to store information if the AcknowledgeError Frame is received.

The MPC5125 MSCAN provides only error counters for transmitter and receiver.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aitordarriba
Contributor I

Thank you for your fast answer Pavel.

So this means that I cant detect a no-acknowledge situation on the bus with the MSCAN, isn't? Doesn't exist any other solution? Is my only option use another controller like the FlexCAN one?

Regards,

Aitor Darriba

0 Kudos