cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some USB storage devices only work through external hub

chrgrff1
Contributor II

Hello,

I have an i.MX6Q on a custom baseboard. USB is connected via the USB Host interface.

When directly connected, I have a subset of USB drives which do not "work well." I get "EHCI Timed Out on Token" errors when reading from U-Boot, and in Linux the drives will sporadically disconnect-reconnect.

If I connect an external un-powered USB hub (testing with an Anker 4-port hub) to the i.MX6Q USB Host port, all of the drives work great through the hub.

I've seen similar discussions in the community with solutions about changing load address in U-Boot, etc. but they don't seem to apply here.

Anyone experience anything similar? Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please try to connect device with shorter USB cable. Long cable may cause some issues on high speed.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos